However, in the interest of keeping my fanbase, here are ten random thoughts to close the year.
- Blogging is a wonderful way to meet new friends. It is a great place to make yourself known. And, it seems, there are at least a few people who like me. However, I think I like the real world better. Perhaps that's why I haven't been around as much of late.
- Writing, it turns out, is easy. Everything after is hard. And discouraging. I may not get an agent next year. I very likely won't get published. So be it. Bigger things are coming.
- No matter how bad things seem, lots of folks have it much worse.
- Reading is fun. iPad makes it funner. My kids will read. A lot.
- One of my favorite words is rather. I rather enjoy rather. Others include, flummoxed, untoward, and quite.
- I can no longer abide my neighbors and finally planted privacy hedges. I haven't written about them recently because it is quite tempting to post pictures of the inside of their hoarding hole of a home. That would be untoward.
- Lest (another favorite) you ever wondered what I look like, I am one of these guys.
- I rather like my job. It's full of kooks. Great research material for a writer.
- I will turn 38 in a few days. All my hair is still the original color.
- I am going to be somebody's dad. That's pretty cool.
Happy New Year!