Sunday, June 20, 2010

Striking Out On Blogging

Please don’t picket my online inactivity.  I’ve been a bad blogger of late.  One, maybe two posts a week, is not what I’d envisioned when this blog was born.  I’ve certainly not run out of things to write about.  My life has been a bit of a whirlwind lately.  I’ve simply been unable to grab onto any of the craziness swirling around.

Work has been on and off hectic.  Re-writes consumed a good deal of my free time, but so has laziness.  Our journey toward adoption has taken a few twists.  I’ve also discovered a tremendous number of new blogs.  Far too many in fact.  How can a mere mortal be expected to read, comment and post all by one’s self?

Work issues have settled.  For now.  My re-write is in the hands of one of my critique partners.  Adoption is now just a waiting game.  And I must get cracking on some of my other writing projects.

So, loyal readers, I hope to have more to blog about soon.  There is no shortage of fodder from the next door neighbors, who are taking yet another Disney vacation at the end of the month.  This time for a full week.  I’ve been tasked with bringing in their mail.  Expect some great stories to come out of my excursions into their house.  (I’m tempted to post some pictures, but fear that may be too great a violation of their privacy.) 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Happy Father’s Day to those who have earned it.  The longest day of the year is here.  Make the most of it.  Unless you live in the southern hemisphere.  In which case, settle in for the winter.

No comments: