Friday, February 19, 2010

Announcing The 99 Followers Challenge

This being my 94th post, I thought it was time to throw this out there.  I had thought it would be cool to have 100 followers by the time of my 100th post.  As of today – post 94 – I have 63.  Pretty awesome considering how recently so many have come aboard.  And I’m grateful for everyone who takes the time to read what I have to say.
Having said that, I still want more.  So, I’m issuing the 99 Followers Challenge.  Why 99 instead of 100?  Because somewhere along the way I lost one.  And let me tell you, I must have really said something powerful to drive them away.  Have you ever un-followed someone’s blog?  It’s rather a mighty endeavor.  I’m actually a little impressed I had that great an impact.
Nevertheless, follower 99 would have been 100 and now you all have a chance to cash in on it.
The Challenge:
To have 99 followers by the 100th post.  Since I post at random that could be anytime.  So if you’re interested, jump on it.  You just may win.
The Prize:
Follower 99 wins a $10 gift card from Amazon.  But the person who sends them here wins a $20 gift card from Amazon.  And I’ll feature your blog.
So if you’re already a follower you qualify for the top prize.  Even if you join before 99, you could still win the $20.  If you’re 98, and you bring over 99, you both win.
The Rules:
1. Leave a comment.
2. Link this challenge on your blog. 
3. Remind new followers to mention you sent them over in the comments section of this post.
4.   If you become follower 99, announce yourself loud and tell me who sent you here.
5. If by some chance number 99 stumbles over all by them self, I’ll use the old random generator for the top prize.
Now get out there and start linking!

19 comments:

Kristi Faith said...

Shameless!! :0) I'll tweet it and everything.

Great blog, thanks for coming by mine, appreciated!

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

I wish I was 99.

Anonymous said...

Wow, everyone is using Blogspot :) I like being special.

erica m. chapman said...

Awesome - going to tweet it right now! Will post about it in tomorrow's vlog post too ;o)

Good Luck!!

MC Howe said...

Sorry everyone. I had to add a rule. Not everyone has a blog to link, so leave a comment.

Kristi & Erica - thanks.

Amber - 68 wins more. You're in good shape.

Littlebear - blogger rocks

anonymous - That's clearly not Korean. Sorry. I can't respond.

Angela Ackerman said...

I think everyone should be following this blog. When I'm asked about what makes a blog sucessful, I tell them humor...and then send them the link to your blog. Your neighbor stories make my day. :-)

MC Howe said...

Wow! Thank you Angela. I'm blushing. And I'm by myself.

Raine Chasing said...

Love these challenges. I linked your blog - it's on my side bar under Followers Challenges.

I found your challenge on AW under the blog threads.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Raine Chasing said...

I also tweeted you! :)

MC Howe said...

Awesome. Thanks Noelle.

Unknown said...

Matt, Great minds think alike. I'm having my first contest this week too. I'd add myself as a follower, but I already have. Maybe I will encourage my evil twin to join in here? No, wait. I'm the evil twin. Crap. I keep forgetting that.

Cheers, Kristen

MC Howe said...

Kristen - I saw that on your blog. I was just too lazy to comment. Cool deal. I'll try to send a few peeps your way too.

Copycat.

Christine Danek said...

I am a new follower but I will post on my blog. www.christinedanek.blogspot.com
I will tomorrow:) I look forward to more posts.

Unknown said...

Well, that makes me follower 78.
Great blog by the way.

MC Howe said...

Welcome Degirl and Christine. I thought this contest was dying.

You are my defibrilator.

Cheyanne said...

I'm 79.. dang!

MC Howe said...

Not dang Cheyanne. 99 wins less than everyone else. It pays to get here early. Tell all your friends.

Welcome.

Unknown said...

Hi there! I found your blog by way of your comment on Lindsay's Dangerous Contest. I'm going to add my name to your followers, getting you one closer to the 100 mark! Glad to meet you and looking forward to reading more from you :)

MC Howe said...

Nicole, welcome. I've been lazy lately. Don't let that drive you away.