Thursday, September 17, 2009

A New Round of Submissions

Today was supposed to be a day spent sending out queries to the next batch of agents. So far it's going about how I expected, meaning I haven't done anything yet. It's a daunting task, for those who don't know. It's more than just copying an email, or pasting a different name into a form letter. I thoroughly research everyone I submit to, often reading some of the other books they represent to see if they'd be a good match. On a good day I'll get two queries out. On a really good day I'll send them via FedEx, but that has yet to yield results. Fortunately, because my airline allows FedEx pilots to ride for free they give me a 75% discount on shipping. It typically only costs about $6 to send something from Florida to New York. Still, I've yet to see a return on my investment, except that my self addressed stamped envelopes are being used for rejection letters. Yay.

No comments: