Subject: Changes to blog policy
In light of recent events, and after careful deliberation, ownership has come to the difficult decision to institute new policies regarding the reading and following of Pensive Sarcasm. It seems some readers may have interpreted the failed 99 Followers Challenge as a blatant grab for attention. While this may be true, management does not take lightly the ramifications of said interpretation; namely, the quitting of following this blog. And wile many new followers have joined during this time, it is not without hardship that we suffer the loss of others.
Harder still, is that with growing readership, it becomes difficult to maintain the close, personal relationship with each follower that this blog was built on. It has recently been brought to the attention of ownership that we were, for a time, unaware of certain new followers, who have chosen to remain faceless. That said, it is paramount we rectify the situation.
Henceforth, the following policies will be in force:
- New followers are requested to leave a comment on the current post. (Not necessarily this post) Introduce yourself to ownership and your fellow followers.
- Followers without avatars will be permitted, but it is management's position they should select and use an avatar post haste. Without one, you may get lost amidst swelling numbers. Concurrently, followers who abandoned an avatar i.e. Kara, are encouraged to return to one.
- Following under an alias, or using more than one avatar is frowned upon. If a follower is having an identity crisis, or suffers an ailment such as MBPS (multiple blogger personality syndrome), management will allow leaves of absence until such condition is treated. So long as a clinical diagnosis is provided, no follower shall lose their position within this blog.
- Under no circumstances will SPAM be tolerated. We would like to leave comments open without taking the drastic measure of regulation. This policy may be revisited in the future.
- Followers are permitted to leave Pensive Sarcasm at any time. However, upon resignation, please leave a comment on the current post. (Not necessarily this post) This will enable management to facilitate your exit interview.
President, CEO, CFO, COO, Editor, Copywriter and Janitor