Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
I think I'll eat some worms
My apologies to my friends Tina-Lynn and Erica, both of whom bestowed blog awards my way in the past few weeks. I've been negligent in my acceptance, so here goes:
First, Tina-Lynn over at Sweet Niblets was kind enough to give me the the Happy 101 Award. Tina-Lynn's a super lady with a super neat blog. And she's currently featured as the first ever Beta Blogger over at Fiction Groupie. Go read an excerpt from Tina-Lynn's WIP. It's pretty good, even though I didn't comment there. I'm commenting here. It's good.
10 things that make me happy.
- Singing loud for all to hear.
- Fleece. If I didn't live in the tropics, I'd drape myself in fleece all day long.
- The colors of the sea.
- Shamrock shakes.
- Losing an entire day to a good book.
- Still having all my hair. And still in the original color.
- Mrs. Sarcasm.
- The idea that a little Korean kid, maybe in a year or so, will call me Dad. (Possibly in Korean)
Moomers - Kara's working on her query. Help her out.
A Squirrel Amongst Lions - 'Cause I want to see what Girl With One Eye does with these rules.
Musings of Amber Murphy - This chick's having a birthday but her hubby doesn't know about her blog.
A Rocket In My Pocket - If that blog title doesn't do it for ya, the chick hates pandas. Seriously.
The Bookshelf Muse - A living, breathing, blogging thesaurus!
Misadventures In Spelling - Forget that she can't spell (really, she's not that bad). Every post comes with a joke.
The Big Litkowski - And I mean this in a good way, sharing Travener's misery makes me happy.
Erica, at Laugh.Write.Play gave me the Creative Writer Award. Erica's from Michigan, like me, but unlike me, she's still stuck there. Check her out. She's got a cool new website too.
This is a fun one. What follows are six lies and one truth. Can you guess which one is real?
- Early in my Florida years, a pit bull chased me on the beach. Wishing very much to avoid a mauling, I scrambled up a coconut tree just like Gilligan. Little did I know, the dog's very apologetic owner was the organizer of the Coconut Scramble, an annual tree climbing competition. Upon seeing what a dexterous primate I was, he signed me up straightaway, even waiving the entrance fee. I took fourth place with a time of 34 seconds and won a coupon for a coconut daiquiri.
- For a brief time, I was the fourth lead singer in Van Halen, between Gary Cherone and Sammy Hagar, who returned for one tour in 2004. We had about half an album's worth of material, but I was forced to leave the group over a dispute involving a spoiled potato left in the studio refrigerator.
- While visiting a cousin in New Jersey, I was sent to borrow ice from the next door neighbor. Instead, I went down the street. To Whitney Houston's house. She was out of ice.
- While selling insurance door to door, a German Shepherd cornered me on a porch. I spent 5 hours pinned between the screen door and the front door until the owner came home.
- I own a pair of white jeans - my fun jeans - that I used to wear to pick up chicks. Mrs. Sarcasm made me get rid of them when we started dating, but I had them shrink wrapped and keep them in a trunk in my parent's attic.
- In high school, I worked at the McDonald's where the McDLT was invented. My friend Prissy Bower came up with the idea, though not the slogan, to keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool.
- I have naturally curly hair. Like Will Ferrel in Semi-Pro. I've been using a straightener since I was 17.
Cruising Altitude - Though I suspect DL's truths might be more fun.
Where Lady Bugs Roar - Check out Wendy's Flashy Fiction bits. You know she can lie.
Natalie Bahm - I think Natalie's holding back. Knock us out!
Kristen Creative - Look at Kristen's eyes. I don't see an ounce of truth.
Jon's Life. Or Other Odd People Doing Odd Things. - Jon is one odd duck.