Sunday, September 12, 2010

One Year In

One year ago today this blog launched with as much fanfare as would greet a fry cook tossing out the grease from last night's fish sticks.

Stumbling block overcome, I think its been a pretty fun year along the evolutionary trail through blogtown.  I suppose I expected to have a lot more writing-related posts, but the truth is, I don't have a clue what I'm doing.  I'm sure not going to pretend to be an expert.  But who knew my wacky neighbors would offer such fodder?  Well, I did.  And Mrs. Sarcasm did.  And really, we haven't even scratched the surface on neighbors' past.  (Should that be possessive?  I'm thinking ghosts of Christmas past.  Probably not.)

I hope I have enlightened you all a bit about who I am, without ever actually revealing who I am, what I do for a living, and what I do for fun.  It's pretty much all here, restricted only by laze and lack of creativity.

So thanks to everyone who has stopped by, become a follower, commented, or just read anonymously.

This next year should be a big one.  We are, after all, expecting from Korea, and Lord knows that will be ripe with the unexpected.  Also, I plan to get an agent soon, and then get published.  Now, if only I could get the agents and publishers to adhere to that plan.

4 comments:

jkraus8464 said...

Congratulations on the one year mark! I like to read your blog, not only for what you say, which is always entertaining, but to see who you are following. Then I check out those blogs.

Keep up the agent and publisher talk. Good stuff.

Travener said...

So we've both been at it for a year (or, in my case, a little more than a year). You have 120+ Followers, I just crept over the 50-F line.

Why do people hate me so?

erica m. chapman said...

Congrats Matt!! Well, you know I love ya and the blog. Keep it up, dude.

Oh and the fanfare comment about the grease... pure awesome. And not true. It's at least the head cook tossing out the grease from corn dogs ;o)

Keep it up!

Traci B said...

Love your blog, Matt! So glad you took the plunge a year ago! Best of luck with your future little bundle, and your future publications!! Can't wait to see where all this takes you...